Ravelry Link: Mondo Cable
Pattern: Mondo Cable Cardigan
Yarn: Brown Sheep Lamb’s Pride Worsted
Needles: US 8 needles (dpn and circular)
Amount of yarn used: Just short of five skeins.
Source of Yarn: Polliwog’s at Rhinebeck
Modifications: I added in the button holes all the way down as was suggested here: http://www.ravelry.com/discuss/chic-knits/900453/1-25#3
Thoughts: I was amazed at how quickly the finishing went. The collar did take a while, but the band was knit in one and there was nothing else beyond weaving in ends.
(I decided I’m not going to get any lighter pictures in sweater-wearing season.)
I finished the Mondo Cable. I washed it last night, and it was mostly dry this morning, so I ironed the ribbings and sewed on the buttons. I wore it to church and really like it. (Although it turned out to be damper than I had thought.) It’s looser than I usually make my sweaters, but it’s nice.
Unfortunately, as you can see, black cables in February don’t really photograph clearly, no matter how good the photographer is. I’ll try to get one in heavily raking light for the official finished post.
I’ve started on a new project- it’s a little lace sculpture for an old friend. This is part of it, but I won’t show the whole thing until it’s sent to the recipient. It’s an interesting difference from other things I’ve been working on as well.
It’s hard to get a clear picture of a black cabled sweater in the winter, especially when the collar construction means the needles are at a strange angle.
I’ve not gotten to do a lot of knitting this past week; there was an unbloggable thing going on that took more time and mental energy than usual. I did, though, finally finish the sleeve and start on the collar, which is knit on around the neck rather than up and down. It’s a neat way of doing it.
Here’s hoping that things will be calmer and allow for more knitting in the coming weeks.
I’m coming along on my Mondo Cable. The second sleeve just seems to be taking a lot longer than the first did.
As we came home from Christmas this year, Caleb drove and I knitted a cardigan with a cable in Lamb’s Pride. A strange sense of deja vu back to this year’s trip home from Thanksgiving and last year’s trip home from Christmas came over me.
I’ve cast on a pair of mittens in a vigorous shade of lavender in hopes that I’ll have a first finished object of 2013 pretty soon.
Here’s hoping that 2013 retains all of the good things of 2012 and replaces all of the bad parts.
I worked on this a lot this past week. On Wednesday, when Caleb drove us down to Pennsylvania for Thanksgiving with my family, I was splitting off the sleeves as we got onto the highway. Fourteen hours of driving and a few movies and board games have gotten me most of the way through the body.
This was a smaller Thanksgiving than we’ve had recently. It was still a lot of fun, though, and I really remember how much I have to be thankful for.
My new school has trimesters, so I’ve been working on the end of -mester things. (We don’t have a professional day for end of -mester because of when the holiday falls.) I have a lot of individual comments to write, which, although it’s fun in the abstract (I get to recognize X’s hard work! And Y’s creativity!) can be daunting when there are a lot of them.
I have been getting a lot of knitting done, though. I’ve finished the first skein of yarn on the Mondo Cable, and am almost at the end of the raglan increases. Unfortunately, because of the stuff for work (and for my other jobs and the rest of life), I don’t remember to photograph it in the (brief) light.
Here it is in the kitchen light:
Next to the front opening is actually a cable, nut just more rumpling. It will be clearer once the sleeves are off the needles, I hope.
In other news, this morning, I discovered one nice thing about parking the car tail in: the front is the first part of the car to be frost-free!
Well, yesterday I was happily knitting along on my Mondo Cable, the black sweater that I’m making out of Lamb’s Pride. I’d done the collar increases, figured out the buttonhole, and was onto the body and five rows into the cable pattern. I decided to check something about the sleeves.
It turned out that I’d lost one of the raglan markers and hadn’t done any sleeve increases for a few inches.
After ripping it out and frantically reknitting yesterday and today, I’m four rows short of the same spot and am carefully checking the markers again and again and again.